Sponsors and partners which makes it all possible!
Author: Gauteng Motor Show
The Gauteng Motor Show featuring Atomic Junkies is proud to be sponsored by the following companies:
The average person spends around 6,182 hours of their life in traffic! A car is more than just a piece of metal that gets you from A to B. It’s a part of who you are. That’s why Carfind.co.za offers over 60 unique promotions at any given time, and with more than 1300 nation-wide dealers listing over 39 000 vehicles in our state-of-the-art Showroom, you can rest assured that you will find the exact car you wish to spend the next few thousand hours in the traffic with.
City of Tshwane
Renowned for its large automotive sector, this event contributes to building the city’s vision as one of the key drivers of economic growth and development in Africa.
The city has affirmed its position as an investor-friendly city with 40% of all passenger vehicles manufactured in South Africa being produced in the city. The city also hosts half of the light-vehicle manufacturers in the country such as Volvo, Nissan, BMW and Ford.
The automotive and components industry is one of Tshwane’s key priority sectors. It has a turnover of about R30 billion in current prices and generates about a quarter of the manufacturing sector’s value add, contributing about 3,3% to Tshwane’s economy.
"It is clear that the Gauteng Motor Show is a key event for the city to boost our profile as the hub of the automotive industry", continues Ndlovu.
Not only will the City of Tshwane be host to the Gauteng Motor Show, but visitors can also enjoy the very best of what this city has to offer:
- A 90 000-hectare Big 5 game reserve; where the brave can walk with the lions.
- The iconic Union Buildings which is the site of presidential inaugurations. This symbolises the status of the City as the administrative headquarters of the national government.
- The Freedom Park and the Voortrekker Monument, which was declared a heritage site, capture important moments of South African history.
- Tshwane is also home of the Nan Hua Buddhist Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere and the only one in Africa.
- Tshwane is Gauteng’s best-kept astronomical secret. The Tswaing Meteorite Crater is the only ecotourism destination of its kind in Africa.
- The people of Tshwane have a long and proud association with the visual and performing arts. The State Theatre is situated in Tshwane and stages a continuous programme of local, national and international performances including drama, opera, ballet and more.
- Tshwane also has one of the world’s largest urban nature reserves, the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. This is a unique retreat where many bird and animal species can be viewed on 3 800 hectares of open grassland.
- Tshwane boosts elegant shopping malls, restaurants and accommodation establishments.
From city to city, coast to country side, Protea Hotels offer tailor made motoring packages ensuring excellent service and accommodation while keeping our car enthusiasts at the forefront of motoring in South Africa.
Whether you’re driving in Martin’s Aston along the contours of the Magaliesberg, in a convoy of 911s (tops off) through the Cape Winelands or on the open road in your freshly polished Classic, we believe that a luxurious off road experience for you and your engine of choice is the quint essential for any type of road trip.
For great motoring specials visit: www.proteahotels.com/motoring
Beer Garden Partner:
Whet your appetite and come and enjoy an “ice cold one” from the Mitchells and Hogshead beer garden. Savour the authentic taste of Mitchell’s Brewery ales combined with the chic and characterful mix of Hogshead Pubs at the Gauteng Motor Show!